Air filter element is a type of filter, also known as air filter cartridge,
air filter, style, etc. Mainly used for air filtration in engineering
locomotives, automobiles, agricultural locomotives, laboratories, sterile
operating rooms and various precision operating rooms.
The engine needs to suck in a lot of air during the working process. If the air is not filtered, the dust suspended in the air will be sucked into the cylinder, which will accelerate the wear of the piston group and the cylinder. Larger particles entering between the piston and the cylinder can cause serious "pulling the cylinder", which is especially serious in dry and sandy working environments. The air filter is installed in front of the carburetor or the intake pipe, and plays the role of filtering out dust and sand in the air, so as to ensure that sufficient and clean air enters the cylinder.
Types of Air Filters
According to the filtration principle, air filters can be divided into filter type, centrifugal type, oil bath type and compound type. The air filters commonly used in engines mainly include inertial oil bath air filters, paper dry air filters, and polyurethane filter element air filters. The inertial oil bath air filter has undergone three-stage filtration: inertial filtration, oil bath filtration, and filter filtration. The latter two types of air filters are mainly filtered through the filter element. Inertia oil bath air filter has the advantages of small air intake resistance, can adapt to dusty and sandy working environment, and has long service life. However, this kind of air filter has low filtration efficiency, heavy weight, high cost and inconvenient maintenance, and has been gradually eliminated in automobile engines. The filter element of the paper dry air filter is made of resin-treated microporous filter paper. The filter paper is porous, loose, folded, has certain mechanical strength and water resistance, and has the advantages of high filtration efficiency, simple structure, light weight and low cost. It is the most widely used air filter for automobiles with the advantages of low cost and convenient maintenance. Polyurethane filter element The filter element of the air filter is made of soft, porous, sponge-like polyurethane with strong adsorption capacity. This air filter has the advantages of a paper dry air filter, but has low mechanical strength and is used in car engines. more widely used. The disadvantage of the latter two types of air filters is that they have a shorter lifespan and are unreliable in harsh environmental conditions.
Advantages and disadvantages
All kinds of air filters have their own advantages and disadvantages, but there is inevitably a contradiction between the intake air volume and the filtering efficiency. With the in-depth research on air filters, the requirements for air filters are getting higher and higher. Some new types of air filters have appeared, such as fiber filter element air filters, double filter material air filters, muffler air filters, constant temperature air filters, etc., to meet the needs of engine work.
Install and use
1. During installation, whether flange, rubber pipe or direct connection is used between the air filter and the engine intake pipe, they must be tight and reliable to prevent air leakage. Rubber gaskets must be installed on both ends of the filter element; The wing nut of the cover should not be over-tightened to avoid crushing the paper filter element.
2. During maintenance, the paper filter element must not be cleaned in oil, otherwise the paper filter element will fail, and it is easy to cause a speeding accident. During maintenance, only the vibration method, the soft brush removal method (to brush along the wrinkle) or the compressed air blowback method can only be used to remove the dust and dirt attached to the surface of the paper filter element. For the coarse filter part, the dust in the dust collecting part, the blades and the cyclone pipe should be removed in time. Even if it can be carefully maintained every time, the paper filter element cannot fully restore its original performance, and its air intake resistance will increase. Therefore, generally, when the paper filter element needs to be maintained for the fourth time, it should be replaced with a new filter element. If the paper filter element is cracked, perforated, or the filter paper and end cap are degummed, they should be replaced immediately.
3. When using, it is necessary to strictly prevent the paper core air filter from being wet by rain, because once the paper core absorbs a lot of water, it will greatly increase the air intake resistance and shorten the mission. In addition, the paper core air filter must not come into contact with oil and fire.
4. Some vehicle engines are equipped with a cyclone air filter. The plastic cover at the end of the paper filter element is a shroud. The blades on the cover make the air rotate, and 80% of the dust is separated under the action of centrifugal force and collected in the dust cup. The dust reaching the paper filter element is 20% of the inhaled dust, and the total filtration efficiency is about 99.7%. Therefore, when maintaining the cyclone air filter, be careful not to miss the plastic shroud on the filter element.
1. In the machine tool industry, 85% of the machine tool transmission system adopts hydraulic transmission and control. Such as grinders, milling machines, planers, broaching machines, presses, shears, and combined machine tools.
2. In the metallurgical industry, hydraulic technology is used in electric furnace control system, rolling mill control system, open hearth charging, converter control, blast furnace control, strip deviation and constant tension devices.
3. In construction machinery, hydraulic transmission is widely used, such as excavators, tire loaders, truck cranes, crawler bulldozers, tire cranes, self-propelled scrapers, graders and vibratory road rollers.
4. In agricultural machinery, hydraulic technology is also widely used, such as combine harvesters, tractors and plows.
5. In the automobile industry, hydraulic technology is used in hydraulic off-road vehicles, hydraulic dump trucks, hydraulic aerial work vehicles and fire trucks.
6. In the light textile industry, hydraulic technology is used in plastic injection molding machines, rubber vulcanizing machines, paper machines, printing machines and textile machines.
The use of paper core air filters in modern automobile engines is becoming more and more common, but there are still some drivers who have prejudice against paper core air filters, thinking that the filtering effect of paper core air filters is not good. In fact, the paper core air filter has many advantages compared with the oil bath air filter:
First, the filtration efficiency is as high as 99.5% (the oil bath air filter is 98%), and the dust transmission rate is only 0.1%-0.3%;
Second, the structure is compact, which can be installed in any direction, and is not limited by the layout of vehicle parts;
Third, it does not consume oil during maintenance, and can also save a lot of cotton yarn, felt and metal materials;
Fourth, the quality is small and the cost is low. Therefore, the driver can use it with confidence. The key to using a good paper core air filter is to maintain its sealing properties and keep unfiltered air from bypassing into the engine cylinders.